Jul 2021- Present
• Selected over 20,000 other candidates to be sponsored by Github Education.
• Experimented with new technologies by collaborating in small groups on a series of short hackathon sprints
• Developed a REST API using Django REST framework including features such as authentication, authorization,
sessions, content management, and media queries.
Jan 2021 - May 2021
• Drove execution of a group project through the semester following Agile Methodology.
• Maintained kanban board organization through Zenhub and increased task productivity by 60% in sprint 3 & 4.
• Created sprint planning roadmaps to track all deliverables for the semester.
May 2020 - Aug 2020
• Developed an end-to-end workflow to automate and achieve data privacy compliance (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
• Leveraged AWS EMR, Apache Spark, S3, and Lambda during the development of the project.
• The project was made available to other teams across Amazon and AWS for usage.
Aug 2018 - May 2021
• Conducted labs, recitation, and office hours to assist students in CSE 115, CSE 116, and CSE 312.
• Courses included introductory concepts in computer science and advanced concepts in web development.
• Provided feedback to instructors, graded examinations, homework, and assignments.
• Assisted over 200 students every semester as their primary TA
A platform where Programmers can post topics or opinions to be discussed and scrutinized. An archive of facts may be build related to programming myths that may be referenced when discussing or deciding between languages and frameworks. Built during the MLH Fellowship.
Migrated my personal website to a Full Stack Project. This website relies on a CRUD based infrastructure to allow changes to the website dynamically instead of programmatically. I use this as a platform to showcase my experience and projects.
A platform for college students to create personal websites/portfolios dynamically. Users can also create and manage their own blogs from within their account. Users can also create events as part of the event planner to manage and track their appointments.
Don't Share My Code is a real-time online collaborative text editing software. It features a room-driven live editor with syntax support for JS and Python. It also features a chatbox for further collaboration and communication. Submission for UB Hacking 2020
Discord bot for UB Hacking 2020. Since the hackathon is fully virtual, there is a need for a communications platform for participants. The bot is built using python and discord.py connected to an SQLite DB. The bot features user verification, event check-in, team building, Q&A, and more.
while working on side-projects such as react, redux, express, django etc. At Amazon, I worked very closely with AWS and Apache Spark.
Hi! My name’s Mayank, (you can call me MJ for short!) and I’m a Software Engineer.
I graduated from the University at Buffalo, State University of New York in 2021, with a degree in Computer Science.
Here are a few things I'm interested in:
The way tech improves our lives every day 📱
music that makes me tap my feet 🎶
and some really good bubble tea 🧋
“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough."